We will give you a complimentary price quote for cleaning services that will fit your needs and your budget.
Busy Bee: Proper Cleaning During Cold and Flu Season
You have a runny nose, your throat is sore and you can’t stop coughing. It appears you may be suffering the same fate as millions of other people each you – you have the common cold. Or do you? What if you have those symptoms, but also you have an achy body and you have a fever. You may have more than a cold, you may have the flu!
Each year people can become victims of a cold or a strain of the flu. People suffering from these could miss school, miss work and unless proper precautions are taken, they could pass along the cold or flu to other people they come in contact with. While there is no guarantee that you can avoid becoming a victim, there are a number of things that people can do to reduce the exposure and hopefully avoid the bug!
One of the best ways to reduce the possibility of the cold or flu is by thorough cleaning. Cleaning of door handles, sinks, faucets and other areas of contact by germs that can be transmitted through touch. Also, just as important during cold and flu season is washing hands thoroughly on a regular basis. Keeping hands clean can also be an important method to reduce the risk of spreading germs.
Treating a cold and flu can be difficult. While you can not treat the illness, you can treat symptoms. Medicine can be taken to treat a runny or stuffed nose, or a sore throat, however, the overall illness can not be treated. We hope that the following information will help you avoid being a victim of the common cold or the flu!
- The Common Cold – Mayo Clinic page with a useful definition of the common cold.
- Kidshealth Information – Useful page which gives an overview of the problems associated with having a cold.
- Causes of Common Cold – Helpful web page with information for patients about what causes a common cold.
- Cold Virus – This article gives general information on the cold virus that causes the common cold.
- What Causes a Cold or Flu? – Information on the general causes of a cold or flu.
- The Flu – Informative government page which summarizes the problems with various strains the of the flu.
- Seasonal Influenza – In this page from the Center for Disease Control you will get information on a number of topics.
- New York Times Information – Useful web page from the New York Times which provides readers with information about the flu.
- What is Flu? – A useful article which answers many common questions about the flu.
- Seasonal Influenza and Health – Informative page from the New York State Department of Health talking about seasonal flu.
- Normal Cold Symptoms – WebMD web page which gives an overview of the normal symptoms found in the common cold.
- Cold Symptoms – Information on the symptoms to look for to determine whether it is a cold.
- Typical Flu Symptoms – Helpful page with the common symptoms that exist in the flu.
- Causes and Symptoms of the Flu – Medical information on what causes the flu and symptoms to look for.
- Cold vs the Flu – Side by side comparison of symptoms to help determine if it is a cold or the flu.
- Common Cold Treatment – Article that provides information on ways to treat the common cold.
- Cold Remedies – Helpful article that contains a number of remedies to combat colds.
- Treatment of Flu – Informative article from the Virginia Department of Health about how the flu is treated.
- Flu Treatment Options – Information on how people can prevent and treat the effects of the flu.
- Cold or Flu Treatment – Useful article that lists methods to treat either the flu or a common cold.
- Cold and Flu Prevention – This article gives a number of useful tips on preventing becoming a cold or flu victim.
- Workplace Cold and Flu Prevention – Publication which helps by providing advice to people in the workplace on how to prevent colds and flu.
- House Cleaning for Cold Prevention – Information on what parts of the home needs to be cleaned to prevent colds.
- Cold and Flu FAQs – Answers to the most commonly asked questions about preventing colds and flu are provided in this article.
- Preventing the Flu at School – In this article you will learn about methods that can be used at school to prevent spreading the flu.
- Common Cold Information – Page which provides information and resources about the common cold.
- Common Cold Overview – Resourceful page which looks at the common cold.
- About the Common Cold – Information about getting the common cold and how to prevent being a victim.
- Flu Resources – Informative page with information on a variety of issues about the flu.
- Influenza Virus Resource – Collection of information and resources about influenza.
Last modified: May 31, 2017