We will give you a complimentary price quote for cleaning services that will fit your needs and your budget.
DIY Cleaners You Can Make At Home
Written by: Greg Wiszniewski
Living a clean, chemical-free, and healthy life is important to many. For this reason, people are looking for more ways to reduce the number of unhealthy substances and chemicals that they use in their daily lives. Some consumers have turned away from commercially produced cleaning products in favor of natural homemade alternatives.
In addition to having a healthier home, switching to home-made products is also good for the environment, as they are made using environmentally safe ingredients. These ingredients, such as vinegar and baking soda, are often found in the home and are typically less expensive than commercial cleaners. Other ingredients that are both eco-friendly and popular in DIY cleaning recipes include borax, lemons, alcohol, and cornstarch, just to name a few. These ingredients can be used independently or in many cases, they may be mixed to create various effective cleaning solutions.
- Non-Toxic Home Cleaning: Substitutions and Formulas: The formulas on this page are recipes for DIY cleaning products. Many of the products feature several recipes. Lemon is featured as an ingredient in numerous recipes including the recipes for a chopping block cleaner, a bronze and copper cleaner, lime deposits remover, and a toilet bowl cleaner.
- Baking Soda – The Everyday Miracle: A PDF article that discusses the many uses of baking soda when cleaning and deodorizing. The article lists recipes and methods of using baking soda in DIY recipes.
- DIY Toilet Bowl Cleaner: A toilet bowl cleaner using Borax and vinegar featured on the website for Martha Stewart.
General Alternatives to Common Chemical Cleaners
- The Easiest Green Cleaning Recipes You Can Make at Home: A slide-show for DIY cleaning recipes using ingredients such as lemon, borax, baking soda, and vinegar.
- Sixty-Six All-Natural Cleaning Solutions: Read the benefits of using this type of liquid soap on the RealSimple website. Readers are also given a number of cleaner recipes using castile soap as an ingredient. The DIY cleaners are for the floor, counter-tops, sinks, tubs, stove-tops, and more.
- Twenty DIY Home Cleaning Products That are Easy to Make: A slide-show that features numerous DIY cleaning product recipes.
Last modified: March 12, 2020