We will give you a complimentary price quote for cleaning services that will fit your needs and your budget.
A Consumer Guide to the Clean Air Act
In today’s world we have many natural resources that we need to protect and ensure that they are safe to use today and tomorrow. These resources include water, trees, land and other important elements that are needed for our survival. While we need all of these elements to live our daily lives in good health, one of the most important of these natural resources is the air.
Humans and animals need to breathe air in order to survive in our everyday life. The body needs clean, fresh air in order to exist and if it is not clean, the body will reject the air. In some instances if the air is not clean, this could trigger various health problems. And the chief cause of poor air quality has been from man-made causes of air pollution.
Air pollution can be described simply as the introduction in the air of chemicals or other harmful materials that can damage the atmosphere of the Earth. This damage can have an adverse health effect because of continued exposure. These health risks can include respiratory problems, heart disease and even lung cancer.
Air pollution has been a growing concern for a number of years. In 1970, the United States Government enacted legislation with an aim to control the problems of air pollution. There are several different provisions to the Act that deal with emission standards for vehicles, noise pollution and many other areas which sets acceptable and safe levels of air quality.
To learn more about the concerns of air pollution and how the Clean Air Act is working towards a safe and healthier life for everyone.
- Air Pollution Overview – Article from the National Geographic which provides an overview of the cause and effects of air pollution.
- Air Pollution – Information from Medline Plus which gives a description of pollution and the effect on the air.
- Air Pollution and the World – In this article from the World Health Organization, the effects of air pollution around the world is discussed.
- Air Pollution Facts – Helpful fact sheet from the America Thoracic Society about the health effects of air pollution.
- Air Pollution Information – Useful article which lists several important facts about the problems associated with air pollution.
- Overview of the Clean Air Act – Government information about the problems of air pollution.
- Clean Air History – A historical look at various legislation’s that have been enacted to help the problem of air pollution.
- Clean Air Act of 1970 (PDF) – The official document from the U.S. Senate outlining the legislation.
- Clean Air Act Summary (PDF) – Publication which summarizes the Act and the major requirements that need to be followed.
- Act Information – Information from the Union of Concerned Scientists which explains how the legislation can help the environment.
- Air Pollutants – Informative and resourceful article from the Environmental Protection Agency which lists various types of air pollutants.
- Types and Sources of Pollution – Helpful article which outlines the various types and sources of pollutants in the air.
- Sources of Air Pollution – This article from the U.S. National Park Service lists several of the sources of pollution.
- Sources and Types of Emissions – Article which lists various sources and types of emissions and pollutants that are known.
- Air Pollutants and Air Quality – Information from the Australian government about types of air pollutants and the effect on air quality.
- Ways to Clean the Air – Article which lists 50 easy to do ways people can improve air quality.
- Can I Reduce Air Pollution? – Useful government information which explains how everyone can contribute to reducing air pollution.
- Reducing Air Pollution – State of Washington web page which lists ten ways to help reduce air pollution.
- Improving Air Quality – Helpful article from the Natural Resources Defense Council proving information on how to improve air quality.
- Outdoor Air Pollution – This article provides an overview on the problems of pollution and the environment.
- Air Pollution Facts for Kids – Useful page for kids which gives information on the problems of air pollution.
- Air Pollution for Kids – Educational page with ways to teach kids about the dangers of polluted air.
- Air Pollution and Children’s Health – Government information on the health effect on children of breathing polluted air.
- Pollution Impact on Kids and Children – Informative research from UCLA about the impact that air pollution has on younger people.
- Health Effects of Air Pollutants – This article outlines the health effects and risks associated with pollution exposure to children.
- Pollution Factsheet – California Environmental Protection Agency has provided this fact sheet as a source of information on air pollution.
- Air Pollution Resource Guide – Useful page with information and resources to learn more about air pollution.
- Air Pollution and Respiratory Health – In this resourceful page from the Center for Disease Control you will learn about the dangers of breathing unsafe air.
- Teachers’ Air Quality Resources – Informative and educational page of information that teachers can share with students.
- Air Pollution and the Environment – Resourceful page from the State of Virginia which contains information on pollution and the environment.
We hope this information was helpful. Please feel free to return to this page often to help learn how you can do your part for cleaner air.
Last modified: April 9, 2018