We will give you a complimentary price quote for cleaning services that will fit your needs and your budget.
Kitchen Cleaning and Safety Tips for the Home
Whether you are a professional in the food service industry or even if you are someone who likes to cook and bake for fun, the need for kitchen and safety is very important. Safety is needed to be a priority both around stoves and other kitchen appliances, using sharp knives, and using caution in the handling and storage of food. All of these are very important areas to be concerned with in order to be safe in the kitchen.
In addition, a large percentage of the population has some type of food allergy, ranging from nut allergies to being allergic to dairy products. Therefore, it is important to be alert to the potential of someone having a type of food allergy. Because of the possibility of people having a food allergy, it is advisable to check and see if people you are cooking for have allergies before preparing and serving any meals.
Children for decades have enjoyed helping Mom or Dad in the kitchen and eventually growing up and cooking on their own. Helping in the kitchen is a great way to expose kids to the joy of cooking and food. However, at an early age kids need to learn about kitchen and food safety. These lessons can carry on through the rest of their lives.
To help people learn more about food and kitchen safety, here are a number of useful sites for you to view:
General Kitchen Safety Rules
- Kitchen Safety – Helpful lesson plan that can be used by all, along with attachments, which provide information on kitchen safety.
- Safety Tips in the Kitchen – Site containing a number of common sense tips for kitchen safety.
- Kitchen and Food Safety – General safety advice for food handling and kitchen activities.
- Kitchen Safety Rules (PDF)- Article which covers some basic rules which should be followed in any kitchen.
- Kitchen Advice and Safety – Useful page which gives basic tips on safety in the kitchen.
- Safety Tips and Kitchen Rules – Web page which covers a number of topics and ideas on how to stay kitchen safe.
Food Handling Tips
- Basics for Handling Food Safely – Informative page which covers many important topics about safe food handling.
- Safe Food Handling – FSA article which provides guidance on how food can be handled properly.
- Food Handling Tips – Useful page containing tips on how to handle food properly.
- Home Safety Tips – Information and tips on a number of home safety topics.
- Food Safety – Government website which provides consumers and professionals with guidance on how to keep food safe.
- Food Processing and Food Handling Basics – Information on how to properly hand food in order to avoid germs.
- Food Allergy – Website dedicated to teaching people about the issues related to food allergies.
- Food Allergy and Intolerance – Informative page which provides information on food allergy and food intolerance.
- Food Allergy Information – Helpful collection of information on different types of food allergies.
- About Food Allergies – Overview on the problems related to people and their allergies to various food types.
- Food Allergies – Consumer information that you need to know related to food allergies.
- Typical Food Allergies – Information on the different types of food allergies.
Food Safety Suggestions
- Food Safety Modernization Act – Information on the 2011 legislation providing changes in the food safety laws.
- Food Safety – Informative page from the World Health Organization which provides guidance on world food safety initiatives.
- Food Safety Education – Educational information to help teach people about the importance of safety and food.
- Food Safety – Excellent resource for people looking to learn more about food safety.
- Food Safety – Information and news on the topic of food safety for people.
- Food Safety Information – Helpful page which provides information and links on the topic of food safety.
Kids and Food Safety
- Being Safe in the Kitchen – Useful page which gives assistance to kids on how they can be safe while in the kitchen.
- Kids and Kitchen Safety – Recommendations for kids on how they can prevent being a victim of kitchen accidents.
- Kitchen Safety for Children – Page providing a number of ways that children can be safe in the kitchen while on their own.
- Safety Tips for Kids in the Kitchen – Helpful page that lists a number of safety tips that can keep kids safe while in the kitchen.
- Safety in the Kitchen – Web site which details safety issues for kids in the kitchen.
- Kitchen Safety for Kids – Red Cross provided suggestions on ways kids can be safe in the kitchen.
We hope this information is helpful to you in keeping safe while cooking or preparing food in your kitchen. Please feel free to visit this page often. Also, pass this information along to others that can use help in keeping your kitchen safe.
Last modified: April 9, 2018