Workers spend most of their days in the office, so it is imperative that the workplace is kept thoroughly clean at all times. An office crawling with germs can put the staff at risk of getting exposed to pollutants, bacteria, and viruses. Exposure leads to diseases, and diseases mean more sick days and reduced productivity.
Just how dirty is your office right now?
A workplace desk alone is home to millions of bacteria, studies have shown. It is said to harbor 400 times more bacteria than the average toilet seat. Microbial pathogens such as e.coli, salmonella, coliforms, and norovirus, to name a few, are abundant in office equipment such as the keyboard and mouse, making employees susceptible to diseases like the flu, common colds, diarrhea, and pinkeye.
And, let us not forget our carpets. These patches of thick fabric act as filters, trapping dirt and grime. Over time, your office carpet accumulates so much dirt, dust, microbes, and even molds, that it can pose health hazards to employees. Food particles from spilled drinks and food can also cause your carpet to smell and breed bacteria. Unfortunately, a typical office carpet cleaning is not enough to eradicate, or at least mitigate, the health risks.
Here‘s the good news: the in thing right now when it comes to maintaining workplace cleanliness is a notch higher, or should we say deeper than the typical. It’s called deep office cleaning.
A deep office cleaning service ensures that spaces that are usually overlooked by regular cleaning are cleaned and sanitized. This means corners that are missed during typical cleaning rounds that can accumulate dirt and grime over time are taken care of. It can be scheduled depending on your preference — once a year, twice a year, quarterly, or monthly. It is critical to regularly deep-clean your office. Below are some of the benefits of a deep clean that are worth noting.
- Employee Health. Viruses spread like wildfire in the office. It only takes one team member to get sick for a whole team or two to get affected. Operations suffer when there’s a lot of sick days incurred. To avoid productivity getting hampered, the health and wellness of employees must be given due importance; and keeping a clean environment is a way to ensure this. A regular deep office cleaning keeps the viruses and bacteria from breeding in the workplace. Aside from this, promoting good hygiene and cleaning habits in the workplace will go along way. Always have hand sanitizers in toilets, by entrances, and on reception desks. Advise all employees to make it a habit to sanitize their desks and everything on it on a daily basis, and discourage eating on their desks.
- Increased Productivity. Healthy employees are productive employees. When air vents and ducts are cleaned regularly, and carpets and upholstery are well-maintained, you are decreasing the possibility of allergens and viruses to pollute the air that the employees breathe, making them less susceptible to diseases. Moreover, a tidy workplace is also more conducive to productivity.
- Cost-effectiveness. We’re talking about the long-term here. Investing in deep cleaning services means your carpets and upholstery are regularly maintained, thus minimizing their wear and tear. In the long run, regular office cleaning will get you to replace your carpets and upholstery earlier than you should. Protect your investments by making sure that your fixtures, flooring, and appliances are cleaned and maintained the right way, and with the right materials and chemicals. The use of harmful chemicals and the improper use of cleaning tools can lead to damage and health hazards, so a professional cleaning service is your best bet.
- Stress-free Management. Hiring professional cleaning services can take away the stress that comes with in-house cleaning drives. Gone are the days when you have to think about cleaning costs, schedules, and cleaning staff, as these are going to be taken care of by the cleaning company. In the event that a cleaning staff fails to report to work, all you need to do is call the service provider to send a replacement for the day.
- Good Impression. Your office is the face of your business. An untidy, smelly, and gloomy-looking office definitely does not create a great impression on customers, partners, clients, and potential hires. A bad impression will cost you new opportunities, profits, and resources. Moreover, a clean and fresh-looking office encourages employees to take pride in their organization and the work that they do, and give off positive vibes to customers and visitors.
Overall, deep office cleaning can only be good for your business. Investing in the best professional cleaning service provider can definitely keep your employees healthy and productive, create a good image for your business, and save you money in the long run.