Take the “ouch” out of bee stings with baking soda.
Baking Soda, the Best Remedy to All Your Spring Ailments
If there is one natural miracle cure, it’s baking soda. It doesn’t matter if you use it for personal health or cleaning purposes; baking soda is nature’s remedy to just about everything. As we move forward with greater concerns over our health and environment, the one thing we should always keep in mind is that our 20th-century solutions to first aid and cleaning are not as safe as we thought they were. We’re living in the 21st century, and it’s time to adopt an advanced mindset by taking things back to basics. One way to do that is to add good old-fashioned baking soda to your healthcare and cleaning arsenal, because it really is the best remedy for all your spring ailments.
15 Amazing Uses
Don’t believe me? That’s okay. I meet people daily who are afraid to let go of their chemically laden first aid kit and cleaning supplies. They still believe that bleach is the best solution for that grimy bathroom and grungy laundry, unaware of how dangerous the chemical actually is.
Rather than try to convince you by pointing out all of the chemical products’ dangers and downfalls, I’m going to give you 15 positive reasons why you should make the switch to baking soda. If these reasons don’t convince you, nothing will!
- Whiten Your Teeth: Skip the harsh whitening toothpastes and strips and brush your teeth with baking soda instead. It naturally and safely whitens your teeth and freshens your breath.
- Soak Your Kids’ Retainers or Your Dentures: Baking soda works just as well as manufactured cleaners in getting your dental appliances clean and fresh between wearing.
- Exfoliate Your Skin: Exfoliate your face, hands, elbows, and feet! If you make a paste of baking soda and water, you have a fantastic, natural way to remove rough, dead skin.
- Insect Bites and Bee Stings: With spring comes insect bites and bee stings, and baking soda takes the “sting” out of both. Just make a thick paste with water and apply to the wound.
- Relax: If you’re exhausted and have been on your feet all day, add 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of baking soda to warm bath water, immerse yourself, and soak the day’s troubles away.
- Scrub-a-dub the Tub: After you’ve soaked your stress away, clean your tub with baking soda. This amazing powder will clean all of your bathroom and kitchen tile surfaces.
- Clean Your Shower Curtain: Baking soda also works beautifully on your vinyl shower curtain. Sprinkle baking soda on the damp curtain, scrub it, and rinse; it’s already hanging to dry!
- Disinfect Your Sponges: Refresh your cleaning tools, too. Add baking soda to hot water, soak the mold and mildew out of your sponges, and allow them to air dry.
- Polish Your Silver: Using your silver for that special graduation dinner? A paste of baking soda and water is a safe way to polish away tarnish without the nasty cleaner fumes.
- Clean Your Appliances: To get your microwave and conventional ovens clean, moisten your sponge, sprinkle it with baking soda, and scour away. It even scrubs away caked-on foods.
- Remove Coffee Pot Stains: Coffee stains our teeth and our coffee pots. Fill your coffee pot with warm water and 1/4 cup baking soda and soak away the stains; it works on your mugs, too.
- Safely Scrub Walls: Don’t flip out if you come home to your three-year-old’s crayon “graffiti.” Scrub the crayon off with baking soda on a damp sponge and wipe clean.
- Skip the Bleach and Fabric Softener: Adding 1/2 cup of baking soda to each wash load safely whitens and softens your laundry without the dangers of bleach and fabric softener.
- Deodorize Your Carpets: Perfumes are brutal to spring allergies, so skip the flowery carpet powders and sprinkle baking soda on your carpet instead to deodorize it.
- For the Pets, Too: Baking soda works wonders in neutralizing cat box and pet bedding odors. Sprinkle it in your cat’s litter box and on the dog’s bed. Vacuum the bed clean.
I could go on; you can use baking soda for so many things! The best part is it’s safe. When using baking soda, you don’t have to fret about chemicals that are dangerous to you and your home. This natural wonder has been used for centuries for personal hygiene, healthcare, and cleaning, and it’s time you added it to your routine to enjoy the best remedy for all your spring ailments.