Many years ago, when I couldn’t grow hair on my face, and my pants always had holes in the knees, I would do everything possible to get out of cleaning. The love I have for organizing and shining up the kitchen hadn’t come along quite yet. Some days I would tell my mom that my legs were hurting or even broken. Other days, while cleaning, I would suddenly come down with an awful sickness. Many times my body would become completely useless when given a rag. It seemed cleaning did nothing but make me sick! Thinking back on those moments I find myself laughing, but sadly getting sick from cleaning is a reality for many people. If you find yourself struggling with headaches and constant allergies, it might be time to look into the products you use and the way you are cleaning.
Before spraying that bottle of cleaner, you need to read the label first. Most people don’t know the chemicals in the cleaners they use, but these chemicals can cause serious sickness and problems. One of these dangerous ingredients is phenol; exposure to phenol can cause cardiac damage, respiratory problems, and kidney trouble. Formaldehyde found in many deodorizers can actually be the reason your asthma is acting and up. It might sound a little strange, but the best cleaners are the ones that you can’t smell at all.
After reading the back of your bottle, you will quickly be surprised at all the harsh chemicals packed into that little thing. Instead of tossing the bottle into the trash, clean it out and recycle it for your home-made spray. Making your own cleaners from vinegar, baking soda, lemons, water, and club soda can guarantee you and your family a healthier and safer home. Once your chemicals have been replaced, you will feel an immediate change in your health. If your asthma or allergies are still continuing on, it might be the vacuum that is moving the dust into the air. Vacuum more often and change the filter often to keep the dust to a minimum. Having you home feel better is up to you, and with a few small changes you can make it happen.
To learn more about cleaning with safe products and eliminating allergens, click on the links below.
Read about five basic ways your home might be making you sick and what you can do to fix it.
If you are having constant headaches, it just might be the cleaning products you are using. Learn about the ones to use and the ones to throw-away.
This article covers the cleaners and air fresheners that might be making you sick.
People often don’t realize that it is products within their home that are making them sick. From minor to serious illnesses, know what is in your home and what to look for.
Bathrooms don’t have the greatest of reputations, but often it is the cleaners we use to clean them that make them the most dangerous.
Read about a specific chemical found in many cleaners and the symptoms that often accompany it after multiple use.
Many people have Asthma and cleaning can trigger an attack in a simple way like vacuuming.
Asthma is often triggered by allergies that are inside the house. While cleaning can get rid of dust, it can also put it in the air making it difficult to breathe. Read cleaning tips to help your child’s asthma.
Know what you are cleaning with and the many symptoms that accompany them.
Phenol: A Poisonous Chemical
Read about how dangerous the chemical Phenol is and what cleaners you can find it in. Avoid using any cleaners that have this ingredient.
8 Household Cleaning Agents to Avoid
Trying to figure out which cleaners are safe and which ones aren’t can be completely overwhelming; read over this short list to quickly know which ones to avoid.
Read about the dangers and why you should avoid any cleaners that have chlorine, ammonia, phenol, or formaldehyde in the ingredients.